Friday, September 25, 2009

Summers End

You thought I'd forgotten a food blip....Never!
Summer is quickly coming to an end, and if your garden was anything like mine my tomatoes had a late start so I still have a fair bunch.
One of my favorite things to do with them is roast them. Sooo easy and even more yummy.
The big tomatoes just chop them up the little teardrops you can roast whole. Give them a little
bath of Olive Oil a sprinkle of salt and pepper a little red chili flake if you like it spicy!
I love to through in a sprig or two of fresh thyme and few minced garlic cloves...who am I kidding
I like plenty of garlic. Put it all in a preheated 400 degree oven and roast until the tomatoes just start to char.
Once their out you can take this mixture as is and mix it into pasta tear a little fresh basil and some Parmesan cheese for a fast yummy dinner . Or put it in a blender with some chicken stock
Blend it to a nice consistency add just a touch of cream to richen it up and top with fresh basil, Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of great olive oil...Whala dinner
As usual...Live a good life and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment